Women in Dairy is designed to bring women working in our industry together through regional discussion groups for knowledge exchange, networking and to promote the dairy industry.
Our aims are:
- Connect – Bringing women together from across the dairy industry.
- Share – Exchange knowledge and experiences to develop skills and confidence.
- Inspire – Encouraging innovative thinking and vision for the future of UK dairy.
The project started in 2015 with groups in the south west and Cheshire. We're proud that it has now grown to incorporate an annual conference and groups up and down the country.
With support from women working in the industry, sponsors and the hard work of the steering group, we hope that our network of groups will continue to expand.
The Steering Group
Women in Dairy is run by RABDF, Promar (A Genus Company) and supported by AHDB Dairy.
- Emily Egan, National Coordinator, RABDF (currently on maternity leave) Please contact:
- Rachel Bowcutt, RABDF Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: 02476 639317
- Lisa Williams, Promar International Email: Lisa.Williams@genusplc.com Telephone: 01270 616800
- Becky Miles, AHDB Dairy Email: email@example.com Mobile: 07500 873258
- Sarah Bolt, Kingshay Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Mobile: 07957 862597
We were delighted that in May 2018, Boehringer-Ingelheim agreed a two-year sponsorship of the national Women in Dairy initiative.
Boehringer Ingelheim is the second largest animal health business in the world, and the largest family owned pharmaceutical company. They are committed to creating animal wellbeing through a large portfolio of advanced, preventive healthcare products and services, including Bovela BVD vaccine, Metacam and Eprinex. For more information visit www.boehringer-ingelheim.com/animal-health/overview.
This sponsorship will be fundamental to the future success of the network by providing support for both new and existing groups to grow and thrive.
Matt Yarnall, Brand Manager at Boehringer Ingelheim, said:
"Boehringer Ingelheim are delighted to be National Sponsors of Women in Dairy for the next two years, building on recent collaboration at local and national meetings. We are looking forward to having this collaboration with the WiD Team."
Steve Williams, Head of Global Ruminants/Cattle Strategic Business Unit, highlights that:
"As a family-owned company, Boehringer Ingelheim naturally adopts responsibility towards mankind and the environment, and its vision of value through innovation chimes well with that of Women in Dairying, who encourage innovative thinking and vision for the future of UK dairy"